- Building the Old Capitol, University of Iowa, 1922
- International Writing Program participants Wong May and Michael Dennis Browne, Chicago, 1968
- Crowd watching department store Christmas display, Iowa City, 1930s
- Football player Fred W. "Duke" Slater, University of Iowa, circa 1920
- Taking measurements, Child Welfare Research Center, University of Iowa, 1920s
- Portrait collage, University of Iowa Hawkeye Yearbook, 1968
- Vietnam War protest, University of Iowa Hawkeye Yearbok, 1970
- Cheerleading pyramid, University of Iowa Hawkeye Yearbook, 1987
DIY History photo tagging and commenting on
We've added selected historic images from Iowa Digital Library to Flickr in order to share our materials with a wider audience, and to enhance them through input from the public.
You can help make these digitized artifacts more useful in two ways:
- add comments, including information such as names, descriptions, locations, or general reactions
- add tags, or keywords, to describe the images
This added text makes the items more searchable and easier to find.
While anyone can view our collections, Flickr requires registration to contribute tags or content. Please sign in with your Flickr account, or create one through your Yahoo!, Google, or Facebook account. For more information, see the Flickr sign-in FAQ page.
We're continually adding more content to Flickr, so please check back often!
Choose a collection:
Thousands of photos depicting small town and campus life in the early to mid-20th century
University of Iowa Yearbooks
30+ years of images and information highlighting the continuity and change of life on the UI campus